Dot Number

Coast to Coast Services is the best place to get your authority, whether you’re applying for MC authority, state authority, broker authority, or the DOT numbers. We help truck drivers navigate through the complexities of applying for the permits that allow them to stay legal and on the road.


Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce have to be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and must have a US DOT number. Commercial carriers who haul who haul intrastate hazardous materials requiring a safety permit must register for a US DOT number.

New-Entrant Program

All the first-time carrier applicants applying for a US DOT number will automatically be enrolled in the FMCSA New Entrant Safety Assurance Program. This program requires new applicants to pass a safety audit and maintain roadside safety performance over an 18-month period before they are given a permanent registration status. Companies operating exclusively as brokers or freight forwarders do not need to obtain a US DOT number, in most cases.

We know that applying for these numbers can be a hassle. As leading permitting specialists, we save you time, money, and frustration by acting as your agent and supplying you the permits you need to keep you on the road. We will take care of paperwork filing for you, so you have more time to focus on your business.